International Patrons' Trips
Measure For Measure
Two Day Trip to Elsinore, DenmarkSaturday 6th - Sunday 7th August 2016
Cheek by Jowl will bring its Russian-language production of Measure for Measure to the 2016 Shakespeare Festival at Hamlet's Castle, Kronborg, Elsinore. The performances will run from 1st -7th August 2016.
The coproduction with Moscow's Pushkin Theatre will perform at the world-renowned festival in the 400th year anniversary of Shakespeare's death. The festival will also celebrate a landmark anniversary, marking the 200th year of performing Shakespeare in this traditional setting.
We'd like to offer Cheek by Jowl Patrons the opportunity to see the show at Hamlet's castle on Saturday 6th August 2016.
There are two proposed trips available, the indicative itinerary for the two day trip is follows, with all costs included:
Saturday 6th August
- 12pm: Fly to Copenhagen from London, getting a taxi from Copenhagen to Elsinore
- 4:30pm: 7:30pm - Free time in Elsinore (dinner strongly encouraged *)
- 7:30pm: Taxi to Hamlet's Castle
- 8:00pm Performance of Measure for Measure
Sunday 7th August
- 9am-12pm: Free time
- 12:30pm: Lunch with Cheek by Jowl team
- 2pm: Tour around castle with the cast of Measure for Measure
- 4pm: Taxi back to hotel, collect luggage, taxi to airport
- 6pm: Arrive at airport
- 6:55pm: Flight from Copenhagen to London (Gatwick)
The total cost per person for this trip will be £700 per person, based on two people sharing a room. (Single person supplement £70).
The donation to Cheek by Jowl will be £243.
* Activity not included in price.
For more information surrounding the festival, please visit: www.hamletscenen.dk/uk/shakespeare-s-festival/
Due to commitments to the venue, we ask for you to confirm your attendance on this trip by 31st May 2016