International Patrons' Trips
Measure For Measure
Three Day Trip to Copenhagen, DenmarkFriday 5th - Sunday 7th August 2016
Cheek by Jowl will bring its Russian-language production of Measure for Measure to the 2016 Shakespeare Festival at Hamlet's Castle, Kronborg, Elsinore. The performances will run from 1st -7th August 2016.
The coproduction with Moscow's Pushkin Theatre will perform at the world-renowned festival in the 400th year anniversary of Shakespeare's death. The festival will also celebrate a landmark anniversary, marking the 200th year of performing Shakespeare in this traditional setting.
We'd like to offer Cheek by Jowl Patrons the opportunity to see the show at Hamlet's castle on Saturday 6th August 2016.
There are two proposed trips available, the indicative itinerary for the three day trip to Copenhagen is follows, with all costs included:
Friday 5th August
- 8pm: Flight from London Gatwick to Copenhagen
- 11pm: Taxi transfer from Copenhagen Airport to central 4/5 * hotel
Saturday 6th August
- Until 3pm: Free time
- 3pm: Taxi from Copenhagen centre to Kronborg Castle
- 4pm: Tour around castle with cast, plus a talk
- 6pm: Dinner and drinks nearby
- 8pm: Performance at Kronborg Castle
- 10pm: Drink with cast of Measure for Measure
- 11pm: Taxi to Copenhagen hotel
Sunday 7th August
- 10am - 6pm: Free time in Copenhagen (the Cheek by Jowl team has a list of suggestions, should you require!)
- 6pm: Taxi to Copenhagen airport for 8pm flight to London
The total cost per person for this trip will be £1,050 per person, based on two people sharing a room. (Single person supplement £200).
The donation to Cheek by Jowl will be £244.
For more information surrounding the festival, please visit: www.hamletscenen.dk/uk/shakespeare-s-festival/
Due to commitments to the venue, we ask for you to confirm your attendance on this trip by 31st May 2016